The volume level of incoming stream audio is measured once per minute and provides stream administrators with a volume graph to assist with ensuring consistent and good audio levels.
Access the "Volume" tab from the admin panel on the stream page:
The volume graph measures audio levels in LUFS:
- LUFS units is part of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Recommendation 128 for loudness normalisation and maximum level of audio signals, an internationally and generally used standard.
- LUFS is the modern standard for measuring loudness in music. See these articles: landr.com, edmprod.com.
- The True Peak (red line) measure the peak audio volume and should never go above the zero level as distortion and clipping will occur.
- The Integrated Level (green line) measures the average audio level experienced by the listener.
Recommended input levels
In general we recommend a mix that:
- Ensures the True Peak (red) remains close to 0 but never exceeds it,
- Keeps the Integrated (green) line between -10 LUFS and -20 LUFS.